1) What is popular culture, and what does it mean to you?
- Popular culture is activities within cultures or products that reflect or are aimed at the popularity of large quantities of people. To me this means that individual ideas are set in motion that are believed to appeal to a mass of people to encourage those individuals to purchase these products.
2) Why is an understanding of popular culture relevant to you in a business environment and in your present and future career?
- An understanding of popular culture is relevant to myself and business environment because without knowledge of why people follow or are interested in a trend you could lose out on possibilities for your own development and for your company. Also, I believe that in a work environment you need to understand popular culture for future development and growth of the company. I believe that if you understand how to encourage people to want an item than you can use that knowledge to the companies benefit for possible increased growth and revenue.
3) What would you consider to be an example of a pop culture artifact? And why would you choose it?
- I believe that the i-phone is an example of a pop culture artifact because technology is a huge part of society today. In general, today's society uses technology on a daily basis and without it some would say they wouldn't know how to function. Also, because of the development of the i-phone the Internet and email is now readily available at your fingertips. Being in the i-y generation technology is a big part of our lives. Children are growing up knowing how to use technology and this trend started because of the availability to have technology at our fingertips.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Great job on your blog. In it you said "Also, I believe that in a work environment you need to understand popular culture for future development and growth of the company." I agree. I think this is key for the growth of a company as well as keeping your employees engaged and wanting to work for you.
Post a Comment