The three contemporary icons that I chose are Sesame Street,
Steve Jobs and the internet.
Sesame
Street is a childhood favorite of most children. There have lovable characters including Big Bird,
Cookie Monster, Bert, Ernie, Count, Oscar, Grover, Zoe, Elmo, Snuffy, and Baby
Bear among others. On this show they
play games to engage the children with fun educational activities which provide
many children a helpful step up at an early start to learning. I chose Sesame Street for one of my icons
because I remember the characters, some of the songs and watching the TV show
while I was a young child. To me Sesame
Street is an icon that provides children an opportunity to watch TV while
learning and developing. Finally, the
show has been running since it first aired in 1969. Most children shows run for a decade or so
and since Sesame Street has been aired for forty-three years this has a huge
statement in the power of their educational product for children.
Steve Jobs was a visionary who
founded many of the products that we see and use today. His ideas changed technologies abilities to
expand beyond where some thought possible in the past. His visions allowed us to have items such as
the iPod, iPhone, Mac, iPad, Mac Book and Desktop icon. Since I use a large quantity of these
products his visions have had a large impact on my life with the ability to
travel and have access to the internet, email, phone, music and more all in one
device.
The Internet was created while I was
still a youngster. I have seen and used
it and watched it grow to the advanced icon that it is today. It has allowed us to communicate, research,
view and read news, email, blog, among others.
To me the Internet provides the ability to have information readily
available to you wherever you may travel.
It also provides me the ability to send information to others at a rapid
pace. Finally, I believe without the use
of the internet I would not be able to perform as many tasks as quickly as I can
like this course through Franklin University and their online program.
1 comment:
I think you are right. I still remember the Cookie Monster, from that show and have heard of Steve Jobs. For me it was easier to think of organizations and people as icons but not a tool such as Internet Explorer. But I see how it could be considered one.A car from BMW is a tool but there is much more to it than getting from point A to point B. It sends a message and the style of search engines someone uses could to even if it is not as obvious.
Post a Comment